Rosin Preservation is hiring a full-time Historic Preservation Specialist to join our team in early 2020. Tasks will be varied and multiple with a focus on preparing eligibility assessments and National Register nominations. Specific assignments will include:
• Field work;
• Archival research (on-line and/or in library);
• Writing National Register nominations, eligibility assessments, and similar documents (including building descriptions, property histories, historic contexts, and statements of significance);
• Photo documenting buildings before, during and after rehabilitation;
• Assisting in preparing historic tax credit applications; and
• Representing the company in communications with clients and state and federal reviewers.
• A Master’s degree in Historic Preservation or a closely related field.
• 2 – 5 years professional experience. Experience preparing National Register nominations and similar documents, preferred. Experience working with federal, state or local preservation programs is a plus.
• Excellent written communication skills and an understanding of the National Register Criteria are critical. Familiarity with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation is desired.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
• A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
• Ability to visit dilapidated buildings that may present physically challenging conditions, such as uneven surfaces; lack of working elevator, electricity, heating or cooling; mold; animal droppings; etc.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to ask questions and seek input.
• Previous experience working in a small-office environment.
• Most importantly, the successful candidate will mesh with our company culture.
The position is full-time, 40 hours/week. Some overnight travel is required. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability insurance, SIMPLE retirement savings plan, and a team of collaborative and engaged coworkers.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Elizabeth Rosin, email@example.com. Deadline for application is Monday, November 11, 2019 @ 8:00 am CST. Background check will be conducted before hiring.
Rosin Preservation is a full-service historic preservation consulting firm based in Kansas City, Missouri. Our expertise and proven track record working with real estate developers and community leaders brings creativity and value to rehabilitation projects nationwide. Learn more about Rosin Preservation by visiting our website www.rosinpreservation.com or Rosin Preservation’s Linkedin, Facebook, or Instagram feeds.