Rosin Preservation is hiring a full-time Director of Business Development to join our team. This position is responsible for developing new geographical markets and ideal clients, nurturing existing relationships, and securing contracts to support our historic tax credit consulting services. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge about marketing strategies that generate new qualified leads as well as previous success cultivating relationships for mutually beneficial engagements in historic preservation, real estate development, economic development, architecture or urban planning.
Rosin Preservation is a growing eight-person, full-service historic preservation consulting firm based in Kansas City’s East Crossroads neighborhood. We thrive on collaboration and new challenges. Our expertise and proven track record working with real estate developers and community leaders has built a reputation for adding value and creativity to rehabilitation projects nationwide.
- Identify opportunities and develop relationships to secure work with ideal developer clients; this may include local preservation, community development, and economic development officials as well as potential clients.
- Interpret and communicate requirements of federal and state historic tax credit programs to clients and potential clients.
- Prepare proposals including custom scopes of work and budgets.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to assure alignment of production capacity and contractual obligations.
- Develop marketing materials and maintain web site and social media accounts, working both independently and in conjunction with Rosin Preservation’s marketing/branding/public relations consultants.
- Research, create, and publish a monthly report for developer clients highlighting industry trends and properties available for historic tax credit rehabilitation.
- Develop session proposals for professional conferences for company staff
- Attend and present at industry conferences.
- Track and report program results monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of experience in business development for a company in a related industry.
- Familiarity with federal and state historic tax credit programs a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Ability to travel (by auto and air) in the continental United States 4-8 days/month with some overnight travel required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek input.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, SalesForce, WordPress, and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook).
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to visit dilapidated buildings that may present physically challenging conditions, such as uneven surfaces; lack of working elevator, electricity, heating or cooling; mold; animal droppings; etc.
- Previous experience working in a small-office environment
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will mesh with our company culture.
The position is full-time, 40 hours/week, although we will consider a part-time arrangement for the right person. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability insurance, SIMPLE retirement savings plan, and a team of collaborative and engaged coworkers.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to owner Elizabeth Rosin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is Monday, January 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am CST. Background check will be conducted before hiring.