Rosin Preservation completed the National Register nomination for the Community Christian Church, which is Frank Lloyd Wright’s only public building in Kansas City and one of his only 8 ecclesiastical built works. The Church opened in 1941 and illustrates the evolution of Wright’s design philosophy in his Usonian phase. It was his first public building that used a non-square module. Typical of Wright, it features contrasting low/tight and tall/expansive spaces, a prominent cantilever evocative of the recently completed Falling Water, and a sprayed-on concrete finish for both the exterior and interior.
4601 Main St Kansas City, MO 64112