Rehabilitation of an early-20th century commercial building in downtown Kansas City for reuse as apartments and retail space. Argyle’s first four floors were designed by Louis Curtiss in 1906-07, with the additional 6 floors, designed by Keene & Simpson, added in 1924-25. The Katz Drug Company occupied the ground-floor retail space from 1914 to 1970. Renovations in the 1950s and 1970s drastically altered the appearance of the lobby and the office spaces on upper floors. In recent years, several unsuccessful attempts were made to redevelop the building, resulting in the removal of historic material each time. This renovation restored the historic terrazzo floor and marble walls of the lobby and has resulted in 122 market-rate apartments and 6900 sq ft of retail space.
300-306 E 12th Street <br> Kansas City, MO