Rosin Preservation prepared a National Register nomination for a historic district that includes 59 buildings in the commercial core of downtown Altus, surrounding the county courthouse square. The period of significance documents the commercial growth and evolution of the community from c. 1900 through 1965. The team worked closely with the Oklahoma SHPO staff to develop an appropriate boundary that maximizes inclusions while minimizing intrusions. Critical to the success of the project was communicating with property and business owners, as well as city officials, about the benefits of creating a historic district, including the ability to access state and federal historic tax credits. Rosin Preservation met with many of the key stakeholders during the field survey and made information available to the public through Main Street Altus and the Altus Chamber of Commerce.